Communicating with Confidence: Clarity, Impact and Listening
April 26 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm$750
Communication is a complicated process that requires both sides to agree on a set of rules and a goal.
What do you do when you aren’t sure whether your message is being heard, understood or appreciated?
What happens when you have complicated details to convey to an audience (whether that be only one person or one thousand) and you have to choose which details are the most important?
How do you build confidence in your own abilities to communicate as well as instill a sense of authority and trust in the relationship?
These are some skills that we will work on in this workshop:
- Communicating the “gist” of an idea
- Listening with the intention of understanding (not just waiting to speak)
- Yes, and… or the willingness to build on what was said
- Understanding the difference between a conversation and a debate
- Clarifying confusion and identifying complexity
- Aligning on a common goal
- Thinking spontaneously and collaboratively
We will work on these skills through a series of improvisation exercises and role playing that will give participants opportunities to trust themselves, trust the process of communication and (most importantly) build trust with others.
This workshop will require physical movement, so please dress accordingly.